Saturday, December 15, 2007

9 Days Til Christmas

Are we ready for Christmas? NOOO... I just baked my first batch of cookies today. Nothing has been wrapped. Saving the wrapping for next weekend. I try to get that done all in one day because it kills my back. Now I am getting ready to scrapbook a bit. I will be happy if I can get two layouts done. I still have to make my grocery list of baking items before I can do any more cookies. Trying a new recipe for Chocolate Truffles this year as well as my Black Russian Brownies (yes, they contain Kahlua and vodka) and a few more of my specialties that are well loved by family and friends. I planned to make a big pot of my world famous chili today, but was not in the mood for a trip to the grocery store for ground beef and beans, and Matt was too busy under the hood of the Bronco to make a run for me. So, I cleaned, finished a transcript, and read a few pages of a book, The Godfather's Revenge. Its a great book, but I just don't have enough time to read more than 2 or 3 pages a day. That is very unlike me. Normally, I could finish a good book in a weekend, this one has taken me about 6 weeks so far. Its not like I have nothing else to do. I have been up and working since 4am. Don't think I will be going out tonight, I am ready to crash now. How sad. Okay, better get those layouts going. Wish me luck!

No comments: